Monday, June 18, 2012

Cheat Day.. gone bad.

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a few days. Yesterday was my 24th birthday, and Fathers day, Doel and I went to the zoo with Aiden! It was a lot of fun. We ended the day by making a papa murpheys pizza(I know, totally un-paleo). Well I can say it wasn't worth it. We devoured our first piece and both of us were full and feeling content.. for a little while. It wasn't long before both of us were sick as dogs! Doel had the chills and a terrible stomach ache, I was totally nauseated too. It was yet another big eye opener, we just don't miss those "cheat" meals! I was laying in bed with a spinning headache, craving green veggies to take away the nasty feeling I had. What a way to end a great birthday huh! lol I woke up at 4am to feed Aiden and I came downstairs, downed 2 huge glasses of water, a glass of coconut water, went up and nursed him, then came back down to get another big glass of water, I haven't needed to do that since I switched to paleo. I was so dehydrated, and felt miserable. I was exhausted, normally when I get up to feed Aiden and feel great. I don't miss bread, or milk/cheese, like I thought I would. It makes me way to sick now. We threw away the rest of the pizza, neither of us wanted a re-run of what happened last night!

I got up this morning had some hemp protein and almond milk and my stomach just felt better. I just finished running a mile, Aiden is napping, and I feel good again. If you don't think the excess carbs are bad for you, just try going without them for one month, then eat a bunch of bread and see for yourself how your body reacts. I didn't believe it before I tried it. How can the average person believe it when our government tells us to eat mostly carbs(sugar)!? See for yourself carbohydrate. Did you know that our body once it gets enough protein and fat, can take those and turn them into sugar? So why would you give your body excess amounts of sugar?? Sugar is what makes us fat, it's what causes diabetes,  and plenty of other diseases.. Like everything in life, we need moderation. Your body needs sugar but you get plenty of it in natural healthy foods like fruit and veggies. Why would you want to put in foods that do just as much damage as they do good? Wouldn't you want to only put foods into your body that do all good? That's paleo, it's just giving your body the most optimum foods available.

Sorry for the rant. Sometimes it boggles my mind, that people can be so selfish, money is more important than health. The agricultural gurus want to make money, so they will never tell you how bad these excess carbs are for our systems. They just need to sell their corn and wheat! Who cares if it's killing people. High fructose corn syrup is in practically everything that comes in a bottle. Look at your ingredients. It's even in hotdogs?? Gross, they find a way to put that addictive poison into every food possible.

Go without these foods that kill us for a few months, you will not miss them. I don't. I don't see how any normal person would miss feeling like crap. And that is how you will feel when you eat them once your body has healed from the damage it's caused in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment