Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 7 of P90x

Today was supposed to be the rest day, but I ended up not doing Kenpo X last night I was too tired. So today, I made sure to do it, I have now accomplished 6 p90x work outs in 7 days. I loved Kenpo X! It's now my favorite workout. It's fun and exciting!

I have figured out what I HAVE to do, so that I am fully motivated to workout, if you have fitness goals you need to do the same so you keep going. It's silly I know, but I have to take a shower before I work out, and after. It's like my reset for the day, after I lay Aiden down for his first nap I go straight to the shower, then put on my workout clothes, go downstairs, take half a scoop of Doel's pre-workout(it really helps me), wait for it to kick in(or go powerwalk/jog on the treadmill till it kicks in) then do the P90x workout. It's crazy I know, but if I miss one of those things, I just can't get into it! If I smell stinky starting, I just feel gross and want to quit and shower, if I don't take a pre-work out, I seem to want to quit early because I am just not into it, and if I don't do it during Aiden's first nap,  I won't do it later on in the day.

Today I almost quit halfway because Aiden woke up, and started to fuss mid workout, but I decided that I was going to power through it and let him fuss for a while. Don't let a fussy baby be a reason to quit, they'll be okay for 5 min, he calmed down and went back to sleep and now I have time to eat a post workout meal, and blog.

I plan to warm up some left over baked salmon, eat some fresh broccoli, and drink some water with straight glutamine and 100% hemp protein in it. I'm feeling sore already.

After that, I will go nurse my little guy, and we'll go wake up Doel so we have a few hours before he leaves for work.

Having healthy paleo food in the fridge prepared makes a huge difference for me. I'm not tempted to eat something crappy or not eat because I am tired. I usually have a big tupperware full of baked chicken as a go to in case I need something and frozen veggies in the freezer. I do a batch of chicken once a week usually, and an egg bake for breakfast is really nice too. Just throw in a dozen eggs, with whatever veggies, and (precooked)meat you like(I do ground turkey) and bake at 350 for 45 min covered and 15 min un-covered. perfect on the go breakfast!

I hope this is helpful or encouraging to someone :) I know it's not easy and I struggle daily to keep up with my health and fitness goals. But it's totally worth it at the end of the day.

Today I weighed 205 that's 2 pounds less than my last weigh in! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on losing the weight! Having food prepared is KEY for me too. Especially to get the proper protein in take. Good blogs Christy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ami! Yeah! Protein is hard on the go if you're not prepared and I don't like to substitute too many shakes for meals. I'm excited I know I have lost more than 2 pounds of fat I can see it all over my body, I'm gaining muscle, my arms look WAY better than a week ago! Glad you're reading it!

      Delete