Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 4 of P90x

Today was Yoga X.. and it's the first time I have ever done yoga! I couldn't finish the video because I couldn't even do half of the yoga poses right constantly looking up at the screen. I guess I'll watch the whole video tonight and really learn how to do them before I try to tackle that video again. At least I did my warm up of a mile on the treadmill, I feel like I get a decent workout from that alone.

Today was also one of those days I needed a bit of extra motivation, I started to tell Doel(my husband) that I was going to wait to workout, and maybe just do the treadmill today. He was so awesome, he said "No! Go workout now, I'll wait to do mine, I'll watch the baby. Plus it would ruin your blog, you wouldn't be able to talk about your progress."

So, moral of that story, I am not this extremely motivated person who is perfect each day by any means.. I am just incredibly blessed to have a husband who is kind, but challenging, and keeps me accountable! Ask your spouse or partner to lovingly help you be strong and keep up with your fitness goals, it makes a HUGE difference. I wouldn't be where I am today without all his encouragement. If your partner doesn't know how to motivate you, tell them, just be honest and say, hey I need you to motivate me this way if for some reason I start to slip. Plan ahead, have your laundry done with your workout clothes so you don't have an excuse to wait or not do it, plan out meals, so you know what you need and have it to make it. Fitness and health takes work, and being proactive, you don't have to be perfect though. We have our cheats days every once in a while. I am doing all of this because it makes me feel so good at the end of the day, knowing I ate right, and I exercised. I feel accomplished, I feel like a good mother, and a good wife.

That's about it for today. When it's my husbands weekend I really want to focus on spending time with him and Aiden. But I wanted to share our paleo breakfast along with a few tips!


Bacon, scrambled eggs, and banana pancakes :)


This is the finished product. Absolutely delish!



Tip for cooking bacon quick the best part EASY!


Preheat oven to 500 degrees, then just put the bacon in as long as you like. I like crispy bacon so I cooked mine for about 15-20 min. Make sure you use a pan or something with sides, because it gets very greasy, don't want that spilling in your oven! That's it though, no need to cover, or flip bacon, it comes out perfect baking it.


All done! Scoop and serve :)


My husband likes to use this on his pancakes, the plain stuff is ok.. I really love this blueberry flavored agave nectar my mom bought when I was in KS visiting.. it was incredible on pancakes!


Since I didn't have any blueberry agave nectar at the house, I went with a little bit of raw honey on my pancakes. Honey has a much higher glycemic index than agave nectar though, so I didn't use too much.


If you want an easy way to make pancakes, get a griddle! It really makes the whole process more simple because you can do so many at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment