Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 5 and 6 of P90x

Sorry I missed yesterdays post. I was having a lovely day with my family!

Poor Aiden caught whatever bug I have had the past week. He's all stuffy and just wants to cuddle. It's okay :) Doel and I didnt' mind him wanting attention all day. He's doing better today than he was yesterday. Still a little runny nose. Hopefully he kicks this soon, he's got his 6 month check up next monday, I'm sure he would be one unhappy camper if he was sick and getting shots.

Yesterdays workout was legs and back, we don't have a pull up bar, so I couldn't do my back exercise that well.. my legs were on fire though by the end! All those squats. Yikes! I was a little sore today. Today is Kenpo X I actually haven't done it yet, I started my warm up on the treadmill and got my mile done right when Aiden woke up from his nap. So I'll have to hack out the rest of my workout tonight after he goes to bed. That's okay, Doel is working tonight so it all worked out fine.

Aiden is 6 months old today! I haven't really been feeding him food, just letting him chew on foods to acquire a taste. I believe it's about time to buy a high chair and start him on daily foods. It's just so much easier to nurse him for all his meals.. I've somewhat been dreading this day. Aiden is going to be a paleo baby :) he's going to eat exactly what we do! I think I'll start off with sweet potatoes, I'm just going to blend them up in our food processor, I've done a little reading into BLW(I believe that's what it's called, baby led weaning), basically it's letting them learn to chew before they learn how to swallow. I have been attempting it the past 2 months, but he's not really eating stuff still. Just chewing it, and maybe that means he's not ready for food, I'm not sure. He eats some things, I just know he's not in dire need of it yet, he sleeps through the night wonderfully and goes 4-6 hours between feedings and is exclusively breast-fed still. He's growing WELL! He's big for his size 85%.. Strong too, almost crawling, doing push ups every other second and getting those knees under him. He does quite a bit of moving, just.. backwards.

The baby food recipes will come soon though, he's to the age everyone thinks is appropriate to start eating solids. I somewhat want to keep nursing him exclusively and wait to feed him. I'm just not sure when the right time to start solids is. He'll never eat grains, legumes, or processed sugar. So most store bought baby foods are out of the question. I'm still debating whether I will give him milk/dairy after I quit nursing him.. I need to do a little more research on that before I make my decision.

I'm going to put my little guy to bed, goodnight! I'll write tomorrow about Kempo X, tomorrow is day 7 and it's a rest day. So I will enjoy not working out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment