Friday, June 8, 2012

Recovery Days and The Meatzza

WOW! I was sore the last few days.. so I took a couple days off. I could hardly sleep I was so sore.

I plan to get back on the P90x horse tomorrow. I just needed a couple days for my body to stop aching every single time I moved. Today I mowed the lawn with out Reel Mower(no engine all push) so I got a little cardio in!

Today I'd like to share a fun new recipe my husband and I made yesterday. It's called the Meatzza! We googled it and found some recipes, but made our own and we loved it. So much we made it again today. So today while I made it, I took some pictures, and I thought I would post how to make it for those who want to try.

Preheat oven to 350!

The Meatzaa, sorry it isn't a full picture of the finished project we were way too excited to eat this!

Start out by finely chopping a veggie, I used broccoli, this will be added to the meat "crust" for extra nutrients.

I'm not entirely sure how much broccoli is this is, about half my food processor, you can decide how much you want.

This is what it looks like when its chopped up enough to be mixed with the ground beef.

Side view :)

I used about a pound and a half I think, use as much as you'd like.

Mix veggie mush with ground beef for added nutrition(I promise you won't taste the veggies!)

I added 2 eggs to help hold it all together.

I don't measure things.. I just throw in what I want. I used a little bit of everything you see here mixed with the meat. Minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.

MMM yum!

Mix well. It takes a while to get everything really mixed in.

Push into a big pan, to make the "crust" of the meatzza.

Try your best to make it even all over. Put into oven bake 20ish minutes depending on amount of meat make take longer, I cook it uncovered, and check periodically. 

While the "crust" is baking, put desired amount of bacon in another pan, and throw in oven, will take about the same amount of time to bake the bacon as it will the crust. You can skip this step if you don't want bacon on the Meatzza.

Time to make the sauce! 1 can of tomato paste, 1 can of diced tomatoes, minced garlic, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Again I never measure anything so, add spices to taste.

All ready to mix!

Stir together and you will have a perfect pizza sauce :)

Chop up whatever toppings you desire, we used onions, black olives, mushrooms, and bacon.

Take the "crust" out of the oven, I drained the fat before I took this picture. It will shrink up on you a little bit. After you take out the bacon and the "crust" turn oven to broil.

Add red sauce.

Add toppings, then pop back in the oven, I broil it for about 10 min. Or till the toppings look done.



No comments:

Post a Comment